We are looking for a motivated, detail-oriented person with a sense of anticipation and a passion for communication as a whole.
As Communications officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing Spiro’s internal and external communications strategy to attract and retain customers.
Your main role will be to promote a positive image of our brand and to develop awareness of our products and projects in relation to our competitors and different target audiences (prospects, customers, employees, general public, press, etc.).
You will be responsible for developing content, media and communication tools, organising and implementing communication actions.
You are autonomous, you know how to take initiatives and propose original actions, you master written and oral communication techniques as well as the communication environment and its codes, you are bilingual? Then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will report to the Communication Specialist and should start work as soon as possible.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- BAC+3 in public relations, communications or related field.
- 3+ years in a communications role
- Good understanding of the economics of the African market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
How to apply?
Send your cv to email@example.com or upload it on our careers page.