Job Title: Sourcing Specialist – Electronics Peripherals (EV) (AM/DM)
Department: Strategic Sourcing
Position Type: Full-time
Reports To: Sourcing Manager
Spiro is revolutionizing the future of electric mobility in Africa, focusing on electric mobility and energy storage solutions. With operations across countries like Benin, Togo, and Rwanda, Spiro is committed to sustainable development, technological innovation, and community impact. We have achieved over two million battery swaps, nearly 10,000 electric motorcycles on the road, and hundreds of jobs created in only 13 months. Join us in our mission to create a cleaner, greener future.
Sourcing Specialist (AM/DM):
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sourcing Specialist to join our team in sourcing Electronic Peripheral components for EV. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in supply chain management, procurement, and supplier relationship management, with a focus on EV peripheral components like Instrument Cluster, Electronic Throttle, Electronic braking system, Anti Theft and alarm systems, Lighting, Horn and sound system, Relay and Control Modules, Power Electronics (Inverter) etc. This position will play a crucial role in ensuring the timely and cost-effective sourcing of key components to support our EV product line.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager- Strategic Sourcing and will be based out of Pune, Maharashtra and must be available for regional and international travel. They will be expected to begin work as soon as possible. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English. This job is perfect for someone who is an EV enthusiastic and has a strong sense and knowhow in Electronics.
- Commodity Sourcing for Electronics parts of an EV like Instrument Cluster, Electronic Throttle, Electronic braking system, Anti Theft and alarm systems, Lighting, Horn and sound system, Relay and Control Modules, Power Electronics (Inverter) etc.
- Formulate and execute Sourcing Strategy for Electrical & Electronics and Electromechanical commodities
- Collaborate with quality control teams to ensure components meet quality standards and specifications.
- Active sourcing to map completion and new trends
- Actively updating self on the socio political/ economic/legal trends and using them for the sourcing decisions
- Build efficient, flexible & streamlined sourcing process adopting digitization, simplicity principles considering the current & future need for bringing in efficiency
- Cost co-relation and significant BOM improvement by negotiations and strategic initiatives
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in EV drivetrain components.
- Benchmark supplier performance against industry standards
- Lead with Speed on Localisation of components out of India , South East Asia
- Maintain Strategic Relationship with suppliers with long term view in mind . Champion on Supplier Relationship Management
- Strong ability to have quick turnaround and faster response on RFQ’s
- Stakeholder management ( Internal and external)
- Anticipate business risk associated with own commodities and relevant industries and propose mitigation plan
- Presenting key updates, issues to senior management and seek support for de bottlenecking wherever required
- Being a role model for Ethics and Integrity as well as demonstration of Sourcing behaviours
- To be amiable, professional and approachable always
- 8-12 Years in Experience in a techno commercial role with a focus on EV Peripheral components
- BE/ B.Tech in Electronics Engineering from Tier-1 institute
- Past few years’ experience in EV industry OEM or a reputed Tier -1 MNC is must
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Integrity & Confidentiality
- Ability to work with stringent timelines
- Eye for detail
- Influencing skills
- Timely response and closure
Please send your resume to Mylene DOEVI [email@example.com] Join Spiro in driving a sustainable future and apply today! Spiro is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.