Introduction to Spiro:
Spiro is revolutionizing the future of electric mobility in Africa, focusing on electric mobility and energy storage solutions. In 13 months’ time, we are already the no.1 e-mobility player across entire Africa and steadfastly maintaining this position with more than 6 countries operation already and growing fast to scaleup the operation not only within Africa , but to Lat. America and few other countries conducive to our business. With our current operations already running in countries like Benin, Togo, and Rwanda, and starting at Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, Spiro is committed to sustainable development, technological innovation, and community impact. In a very short span of time, our achievement has gone much beyond the recognition as a EV player, rather , we are also the only Carbon Credit registered company in Africa and working to create a big impact in circular economy for battery creating an ecosystem of clean and green Africa. A token of our small footprint achieved so far, over two million battery swaps and roaring to double it in next 3 months’ time, nearly 10,000 electric motorcycles on the road and multi-fold jump in couple of months down the road, and hundreds of jobs created and all these just in 13 months duration. We invite bright minds to join this journey and be a part of the mission to create a cleaner, and greener future.
As a Designer/Architect at Spiro, you will be a vital part of our dynamic team, playing a crucial role in shaping the future of clean energy technology. You will lead the thought process, conceptualization design and architect robust product/system (hardware & Software systems ) to support largest E-Mobility platform in entire Africa. Spearhead, consultation and collaboration closely with cross-functional teams, you will ensure seamless integration of ideas, thoughts and cutting edge technologies to bring up best in class technology on the move , which will become the asset for IP, Patents and an Investment base for the organization. While a strong and cutting edge technology is the base, cost optimized and choice of optimal and reliable components, compliance with industry standards and safety are few key facets to be seen as deterministic and success factor for this position to stay ahead of the competition.
Title: SM – Embedded System Design (BMS- H/W & S/W)
Reports To: Chief of Energy Business (CTO)
Experience Requirements: BMS (13+ yrs.)
- Lead the embedded system design team focussed on design, develop, test and validate BMS for Battery.
- Steer and augment design validation stage to evaluate the performance, safety, and reliability of the BMS design and its controlling firmware- Thermal, Environmental and Electromagnetic.
- Expert in embedded system platform design (analogue and digital ckts.) for low voltage platform vehicles.
- Worked on complete stack development – Concept, Design, Test & Validate, interface with peripheral system.
- Design bench test program at individual component level and system level for full functional test (FFT), quality performance parameters, critical pass/fail criteria in discussion with cross functional system architect.
- Overall responsibility for the design architecture, and design meeting QCD
- Documentation of design specifications and implementation details.
- Lead design reviews, management review and management presentation as and when needed.
- Realisation of complex system requirements to provide robust and reliable hardware solutions.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross functional team (CFT) for battery, Software, BMS, Powertrain and manufacturing engineers and external parties, to drive test, validation and reliability of design
- Design Verification Test (DVT) and Design Verification and Validation Test (DVVT)of both H/W& S/W.
- Provide support for the hardware and manage component obsolescence throughout its lifecycle.
- Monitor and manage S/W and H/W, Change Management Process, and escalation process.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards for regulatory standard meeting safety and reliability criteria.
- Provide technical and/or techno-commercial leadership and mentorship to the engineering team.
- Stay ahead with latest technology in EV ecosystem to bring in low cost, but highly optimised test and validation system to reliably estimate performance parameters of the products for longer asset life.
- Work with both upstream and downstream team, capture requirements, form specification, design right test program, execute optimal test method, and be the final check gate of product to perform reliably in the field.
- Should play pivotal role as an independent contributor and a strong leader to lead a team of engineers.
- Carry a profit centre mindset for the position with futuristic and competitive product to monetisation.
- 13 to 14 years of overall experience with at least 10+ years’ strong knowledge in Embedded System domain.
- BE/B. Tech/ME/MS/M. Tech degree in Electrical/Electronic/Instrumentation Engineering .
- Proficiency in BMS simulation software design, report generation, and analytics, presentation and reporting.
- BE/BTech & ME/MTech/MS in Embedded System/Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Thorough knowledge of PDLC (HDLC and/or SDLC) and have done at least 5 Embedded System PLM projects
- Excellent knowledge of analogue and digital electronic circuit design.
- Thorough design and application – ISO26262, CAN 2.0(multi node topology), BLE, RS232/RS485, SPI, TCP/IP, Application/Middleware/Driver level Code, Multi-bus network etc.
- Experience in Developing Software / Firmware for Embedded Electronics systems – Digital Control, Power Control, Battery Management Systems (BMS), Chargers, MPPT control
- Proficiency in 8bit, 16 bit, 32 bit & ARM based Microcontrollers
- Expertise & Hands-on in ‘C’ programming language
- Expertise & Hands-on in Assembly programming language of Microprocessor / Microcontroller
- In Depth of various wired and wireless communication protocols o CAN, SAE J1939, UART, SPI, I2C, RS485, MODBUS
- BLE, WiFi, GSM, GPRS, GPS
- Excellent understanding of Microprocessor based systems
- Excellent understanding of Electronics circuits, systems with special emphasis on digital electronics
- Knowledge of Android / Java / VB / VC etc will be an added advantage
- Understanding / Hands-on with Software development & Engineering methodologies: o MISRA C
- ISO 26262
- Has already worked or have a decent experience in embedded H/W and S/W development in the EV domain
- Ability to write comprehensive technical design documentation.
- Proven experience in handover and management of designs in production.
- Excellent hardware and software stack debugging skills and product level system integration.
- Self-motivated personality with strong deliverables orientation
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Please send your CV to : email@example.com
A cover letter is not compulsory but if you wish to send one, we will be happy to read it.
For inquiries, please contact : Mylène DOEVI – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Spiro in driving a sustainable future and apply today! Spiro is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.