Introduction to Spiro:
Spiro is revolutionizing the future of electric mobility in Africa, focusing on electric mobility and energy storage solutions. In 13 months’ time, we are already the no.1 e-mobility player across entire Africa and steadfastly maintaining this position with more than 6 countries operation already and growing fast to scaleup the operation not only within Africa , but to Lat. America and few other countries conducive to our business. With our current operations already running in countries like Benin, Togo, and Rwanda, and starting at Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, Spiro is committed to sustainable development, technological innovation, and community impact. In a very short span of time, our achievement has gone much beyond the recognition as a EV player, rather , we are also the only Carbon Credit registered company in Africa and working to create a big impact in circular economy for battery creating an ecosystem of clean and green Africa. A token of our small footprint achieved so far, over two million battery swaps and roaring to double it in next 3 months’ time, nearly 10,000 electric motorcycles on the road and multi-fold jump in couple of months down the road, and hundreds of jobs created and all these just in 13 months duration. We invite bright minds to join this journey and be a part of the mission to create a cleaner, and greener future.
As a Designer/Architect at Spiro, you will be a vital part of our dynamic team, playing a crucial role in shaping the future of clean energy technology. You will lead the thought process, conceptualization design and architect robust product/system (hardware & Software systems ) to support largest E-Mobility platform in entire Africa. Spearhead, consultation and collaboration closely with crossfunctional teams, you will ensure seamless integration of ideas, thoughts and cutting edge technologies to bring up best in class technology on the move , which will become the asset for IP, Patents and an Investment base for the organization. While a strong and cutting edge technology is the base, cost optimized and choice of optimal and reliable components, compliance with industry standards and safety are few key facets to be seen as deterministic and success factor for this position to stay ahead of the competition.
Title: Manager – Engineering Program
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Experience Requirements: Engineering Program (10+ yrs.)
- Leading design & engineering team through stage gate process, concept to productization.
- Gather, and understand about stakeholder requirements, streamline those to design and engineering team.
- Working in agile environment with start-up mindsets, changing demands, and rapid scale-up environment.
- Defines & effectively communicates factory design scope & prioritization for factory engineering team
- Scope & implement innovative engineering and design strategies to support aggressive program objectives
- Own execution of high-quality engineering deliverables with arms stretched in costing, suppliers etc.
- Leads factory engineering technical deep dives & options analysis.
- Supports technical studies such as feasibility, value engineering exercises, reliability assessment, Risk analytics.
- Participate and contribute to cross-functional design reviews, work as arbitrator among CFT in times of need.
- Works within budget, time and constraints of resources with start-up mind set and deliverable targets.
- Proactively identifies and drives continuous improvement of factory engineering development
- 10 years of overall experience with at least 6+ years’ strong knowledge in Project/Program Management.
- BE/B. Tech degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering .
- Prior experience in electromechanical systems, Hardware, software, Battery, Charger in EV eco system.
- Have proficiency in multiple disciplinary program management with EV domain projects as the preference.
- Exposure to integration /testing of entire system architecture (Charging system-Battery-EV Powertrain ).
- Adequate understanding of battery management systems, Charger, Powertrain system and EV ecosystem.
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Please send your CV to : email@example.com
A cover letter is not compulsory but if you wish to send one, we will be happy to read it.
For inquiries, please contact : Mylène DOEVI – firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Spiro in driving a sustainable future and apply today! Spiro is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.