Introduction to Spiro:
Spiro is revolutionizing the future of electric mobility in Africa, focusing on electric mobility and energy storage solutions. With operations across countries like Benin, Togo, and Rwanda, Spiro is committed to sustainable development, technological innovation, and community impact. We have achieved over two million battery swaps, nearly 10,000 electric motorcycles on the road, and hundreds of jobs created in only 13 months. Join us in our mission to create a cleaner, greener future.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated, and passionate person with high sense of responsibilities and a strong legal background.
He/She must be a rigorous and structured person with a good mastery of the legal environment in Togo.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will report to the Country Head and should start work as soon as possible.
Reports To: Country Head
- Providing legal advice to the business and its leaders
- Managing change and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Helping to draft, vet and negotiate supplier and customer contracts
- Ensuring relevant insurances for all Group entities are maintained.
- Ensuring all company filing deadlines, both corporate and tax, are met
- Advising on the legal implications of company policies and procedures
- Ensuring all contracts, legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws
- Managing litigation and pre litigation
- Coordinating the action of external lawyers when required
- Supporting the business team for any fundraising and any M&A transaction
- Creating a repository for the archives and ensure all contracts and legal documents of the company are properly stored electronically and physically
- Corporate Governance and board coordination
- Collaborating with regulatory bodies when required
- Promoting ethical behaviors and integrity in line with the Group’s directives
- Translating corporate objectives into strategic business plans for the business segment/function/area based on knowledge of market and competitive trends.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience practicing law, preferably with a focus on corporate law and governance.
- Bilingual English/French.
- Proven track record of providing strategic legal advice and guidance at a senior level.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance principles, legal compliance, and regulatory frameworks.
- The ability to combine your law expertise with a business mindset.
- Strong understanding of contract law and negotiation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong leadership abilities based on values and people respect. Motivator – happy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgement and ethical decision-making skills.
- Great and dynamic mindset, you are triggered to solve complex problems, challenges and turning it around in a pragmatic and time effective way.
- Highly important to demonstrate ability to interpret, communicate/present findings and make recommendations in a professional way.
- Possess strong drive and result-oriented.
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- An analytical, systematic and organized way of working, with an ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- To thrive in a hectic and busy work environment where performance demands are high.
- To enjoy working across departments and be collaborative.
Join Spiro in driving a sustainable future and apply today! Spiro is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.