Introduction to Spiro:
Spiro is revolutionizing the future of electric mobility in Africa, focusing on electric mobility and energy storage solutions. In 13 months’ time, we are already the no.1 e-mobility player across entire Africa and steadfastly maintaining this position with more than 6 countries operation already and growing fast to scaleup the operation not only within Africa , but to Lat. America and few other countries conducive to our business. With our current operations already running in countries like Benin, Togo, and Rwanda, and starting at Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, Spiro is committed to sustainable development, technological innovation, and community impact. In a very short span of time, our achievement has gone much beyond the recognition as a EV player, rather , we are also the only Carbon Credit registered company in Africa and working to create a big impact in circular economy for battery creating an ecosystem of clean and green Africa. A token of our small footprint achieved so far, over two million battery swaps and roaring to double it in next 3 months’ time, nearly 10,000 electric motorcycles on the road and multi-fold jump in couple of months down the road, and hundreds of jobs created and all these just in 13 months duration. We invite bright minds to join this journey and be a part of the mission to create a cleaner, and greener future.
As a Designer/Architect at Spiro, you will be a vital part of our dynamic team, playing a crucial role in shaping the future of clean energy technology. You will lead the thought process, conceptualization design and architect robust product/system (hardware & Software systems ) to support largest E-Mobility platform in entire Africa. Spearhead, consultation and collaboration closely with cross-functional teams, you will ensure seamless integration of ideas, thoughts and cutting edge technologies to bring up best in class technology on the move , which will become the asset for IP, Patents and an Investment base for the organization. While a strong and cutting edge technology is the base, cost optimized and choice of optimal and reliable components, compliance with industry standards and safety are few key facets to be seen as deterministic and success factor for this position to stay ahead of the competition.
Title: SM Engineering – Test, Validation and Reliability
Reports To: Chief of Energy Business (CTO)
Experience Requirements: Engineering – Test, Validation & Reliability (13+ yrs.)
- Lead the Batt. & Powertrain Test, Validation and reliability designed for Energy Platform Products.
- Steer and augment design validation stage to evaluate the performance, safety, and reliability of the BMS design and its controlling firmware- Thermal, Environmental and Electromagnetic.
- Engineering design hardware and software for H-I-L to test for components and system level performance, fault simulation, communications, safety, system redundancy for Battery, Powertrain and Swapping station.
- Design Test program at individual component level and system level for full functional test (FFT), quality performance parameters, critical pass/fail criteria in discussion with cross functional system architect.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross functional team (CFT) for battery, Software, BMS, Powertrain and manufacturing engineers and external parties, to drive test, validation and reliability of design.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards for regulatory standard meeting safety and reliability criteria.
- Provide technical and/or techno-commercial leadership and mentorship to the engineering team.
- Stay ahead with latest technology in EV ecosystem to bring in low cost, but highly optimised test and validation system to reliably estimate performance parameters of the products for longer asset life.
- Work with both upstream and downstream team, capture requirements, form specification, design right test program, execute optimal test method, and be the final check gate of product to perform reliably in the field.
- Work as L2 support (Functional and some simulation related identification) for field service team.
- Extreme proficiency in test report generation, analytics, quality metrices, sensitivity analysis etc. for understanding the history of product, design efficiency and growth trajectory in design and optimization.
- Should play pivotal role as an independent contributor and a strong leader to lead a team of engineers.
- Carry a profit centre mindset for the position with futuristic and competitive product to monetisation.
- 13 to 14 years of overall experience with at least 6+ years’ strong knowledge in EV component testing.
- BE/B. Tech/ME/MS/M. Tech degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering .
- Prior experience in electromechanical systems testing, H-I-L, ATE, simulation design for test etc.
- Have proficiency in multiple areas ; PLC, TCP/IP, Ethernet, CAN, BLE, LiB, BMS, iOT, Motor, Controller .
- Have designed and developed at least two H-I-L system with simulation program for product and system. from scratch and demonstrated the end performance through test system analytics.
- Experience in integration /testing of entire system architecture (Charging system-Battery-EV Powertrain ).
- In depth understanding of battery management systems, Charger, Powertrain system and EV ecosystem.
- Proficiency in simulation software design, report generation, analytics dashboard, presentation and reporting.
- Self-motivated personality with strong deliverables orientation
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Opportunities for professional development.
Please send your CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter is not compulsory but if you wish to send one, we will be happy to read it.
Deadline for application: 30th September 2023
For inquiries, please contact : Mylène DOEVI – email@example.com
Join Spiro in driving a sustainable future and apply today! Spiro is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability, or age.